Sunday, November 26, 2006

Turkey Day

Wednesday
7:15-Wake up before the alarm clock goes off. This is a bad sign as I could have slept in and gone in to work a little later, oh well

9:00 after hanging around the house and discovering the youtube clip of nate robinson swatting yao, I leisurely make it into work. As I am the only americorps person staff or member in the office I dont expect to get much done.

11:00 I am now amazed at the amount of work I have gotten done. Its amazing my level of productivity when nothing is around to distract. I return phone calls and reply to emails. I make appointments and schedule sight visits. Basically I got a weeks worth of work done in two hours because there were no distractions. Seems like I should be able to take advantage of this knowledge.

11:45 About to leave work I refresh the email one more time and recieve an email that requires drastic rescheduling on my part before I can leave the office.

11:52 Phone rings, why do people always wait until Im about to leave before they call, I swear its a conspiracy.

11:59 emails are finished and Im off the phone (this required serious multi tasking but again its amazing what Im capable of while by myself). I start shutting down my computer so I can go home. Windows chooses this as a good time to install updates. I wait for this to happen just knowing the phone will ring while I wait. Its eerie how much this moment resembles a scene from office space.

12:07 I have left the office and am stopping at the bank before heading to Boston. My cell phone rings, shit I knew this was too good to be true.

12:15 hang up the cell phone, group projejct details all ironed out

*** the next several hours involved me traveling by car and train to get into boston. I will spare the details as nothing all that exciting happened. I did eat some delicious bourbon chicken though.

4:30 The needle shoots through my eyebrow like a hot knife through butter. I expected it too hurt much more, sweet break for me.

7:00 after some more train riding sit down for a delicious dinner with mels and her parents, the timing was strategically planned so that we could al make it home in time for the Gonzaga North Carolina game.

9:00 (approx) Gonzaga UNC game starts, keep in mind I am with two UNC grads and the daughter of two UNC grads, there is no way this can go well.

9:15 (approx) This is not good at all, Gonzaga has yet to score and they are down 12-0. Those crazy UNC fans sure are enjoying this.

10:?? Halftime and Gonzaga is going in with the lead. I am exhausted and decide to quite with the game while I am ahead. I got an early race to run Turkey Day morning.

Thursday

7:03 Alarm clock goes off, first thought, screw the race I want to go back to sleep.
7:05 I payed $23 to run this race and its non refundable, I better get out of bed

7:30 Leave for race

7:45 Arrive at race location and sign in. Apparently I registered like 23 people to late and dont get a T-shirt, tough break.

8:00 its freaking cold, I wish I got that free T-shirt

8:25 find open building to stretch in where it is nice and warm, sweet

8:52 join 2000 other people lined up in the street for the start of the race, by the way it has decided to start raining.

9:00 Why isnt the race starting, I dont feel like standing around in the rain

9:05 still waiting WTF

9:07 Race starts here we go.

9:35 cross the finish line, not a great time for 4 miles, but not bad.

9:40 into the bar for some free Guinness with my fellow racers

10:03 Find out that Gonzaga won the previous night against UNC, the gloating will begin soon

10:30 With a pace almost as fast as my running I have finished my sixth Guinness and am now drunk, boo-yah

Rest of the day: Booz, Turkey, Booz, Booz, Sleep.

That is all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home