Sunday, October 15, 2006

weekend recap

1. Friday night all of americorps went to governor bradfords in Ptown. There is just something great about rolling 20 some odd people deep into a bar that has karaoke DJd by a drag queen. There was some great karaoke done and a great birthday rendition of POTUSA peaches for Mike "peaches" Platt. Good times.
2. Waking up saturday morning after maybe three hours sleep and heading off to do some volunteering at energy fair. Tired does not describe how I felt.
3. Playing the meow game and doing the repeater to cars at energy fair. This combined with the syrup chugging of several weeks ago has me convinced I am destined to live out the entire super troopers movie. I have no problem with this.
4. Shuck and Run 5k race this morning. I got tenth out of almost 200 people. I was hoping to do it in under 20 minutes and finished in 20:22. Pretty close for a hilly course and I really cant complain about 10th
5. Oysterfest, by far the biggest event of the year in wellfleet, good times. Highlights included but certainly not limited to getting my picture taken with the sausage king, and watching an actual shuck off. Plus I just love that word. Oh yeah and some lady coming up to me, getting closer than I generally prefer for a conversation and just saying bullshit. Me standing there really confused forgetting what shirt I was wearing (turns out the word bullshit was written on my shirt with a picture of George W and the BUSH from bullshit all in caps). Uncomfortable situations are funny.
6. Pretty stoked to go do some work restoring a salt marsh tommorrow, should be good times.
7. PIT out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home