Thursday, February 01, 2007

Media Blitz Day

I know the week before the superbowl is generally reserved by the media for all things superbowl related but yesterday was what I would call a Media Blitz day for the Pit. I started off my morning listening to the usual morning radio station and the DJ was talking about global warming. I generally dont like to listen to such topics being discussed on a music station but its the cape so I dont have many choices. Anyways the people that were calling in were generally fairly uninformed and showed a bias to a certain administration and the administrations beliefs on Global Warming (notice I didnt not call them idiots, this was very difficult). Anyways I felt that somebody needed to call in and represent the other side of the conversation and as I was stuck in traffic (dont know what that was all about the cape isnt supposed to have traffic during the off-season) I decided to whip out the ole cell phone and give it a shot. Imagine my suprise when the DJ picked up the phone on the second ring and I was on the radio, no call screeners or anything. Anyways I made my points, was thanked by the DJ and hung up the phone.
Later on the same day I had a reporter from the Provincetown Banner come to my home for dinner and a interview. We discussed all sorts of things but I focused the converstation mostly on the service we do on the cape (I am all about free publicity for AmeriCorps). I will see if I can get an electronic copy of the article when it comes out to post on here.
Two Media Sources, One Day, Was this my fifteen minutes of fame?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I wish you had told me. I'd love to see the interview article. Keep this up and your 15 minutes will expand. Love you, Mom

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home