Monday, October 02, 2006

What a day

I need to start off by saying that this weekend was one of the greatest weekends in history. I do not feel that I can do it justice with my words so I will forgo any sort of explanation and you will just have to take my word for it. Moving on.

The this weekend I am speaking of ended promptly at ten oclock (EST) last night when I returned home, turned on the seahawks game, and saw they were getting destroyed by the bears, boo to that. However I was still riding my high spirits from the weekend when I woke up this morning. As time passed on , wait no Im getting ahead of myself, first an explanation;
I was scheduled to attend a meeting this morning to set up some work on distributing oral rabies vaccinations throughout the lower cape. However this meeting was set up for me by Mary (and I completely appreciate everything she does for me, dont get the wrong idea from this Mary is awesome). Due to minor communication errors I was not going to know the location of this meeting until this morning, keep in mind the meeting is at 9:30

So I wake up at seven oclock ready to start my day and I check my email, no email yet with the location but I have plenty of time. I decide I can sleep a little longer so I hit snooze on the alarm and go back to sleep. Nine minutes later the alarm goes off again, I refresh my internet browser and still no email. This still causes me no worries as I really am not expecting it until about eight oclock, cutting things close but Mary has to sleep too. I continue with the snooze refresh game for about an hour and at eight oclock finally get myself out of bed even though the email has yet to arrive. I decide to have breakfast while I wait so I make myself a bowl of oatmeal, delicious. The game continue, 8:10 no dice. 8:20 nothing. 8:30 still no email and Im starting to get worried so I take my phone outside to get a signal and call Mary. When I get a signal I recieve a voicemail from Mary saying the email was sent out around eight. I return inside to check again around 8:33 and finally the three emails appear. I quickly scan through them ignoring all information and only looking for the location of the event. I find the location google map it, sprint out the door and am in my car around 8:47. At this point I look at the google map and realize it takes just over 50 minutes to get to my destination. I make it in about 42 minutes and 55 seconds and literally run through the town hall in order to make it to the meeting on time. This is great, I have come through and saved myself the embarassment of showing up really late with no better excuse than miscommunication. Lets face it nobody wants to be that guy. As the meeting gets going general mayhem ensues as people struggle to understand the concept that I can only offer six people on tuesday wednesday and thursday but if they are willing to schedule a monday or friday I can offer 14 people. I dont feel like its a difficult concept but apparently I didnt explain it all that well. Anyways I get through the meeting and it this point I realize I have completely exhausted myself and its only 12 oclock. The morning was a rough start but the afternoon is not looking any better. I struggle through an extremely cheezy video on rabies baiting and by 1:30 I am off to the office. I get to the office extremely tired but ready to get some things done like make phone calls about this fridays project. I open my bag up and realize in my rush out the door this morning I left all pertinent information about said project at the house. My next two hours will be slightly productive but more or less useless. At 3:30 I go to see the first run through of the Americorps reduce reuse recycle puppet show. This was absolutely the high point of the day as it was hillarious. however afterwards I was attacked by numerous puppets, not really the ideal happening when you are extremely tired.

I am now at the point of falling asleep so Im cutting off this post. The last part of the day wasnt all that exciting either, until I checked my email and read the best email I have gotten in a long time so hooray for that. Bed NOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home